Location: Boston, MA
Job Category: System Administration
System Administrator needed to set up, oversee and manage Mediaroom infrastructure, connectivity and laptop support.
- Design, Install, Configure, Backup and Restore Multi Server environments using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Use iLO to rebuild servers.
- Maintain Active Directory Forests and Domains including administration of accounts, groups, security, PKI, and Group Policy, including adding users and computers to domain.
- Provide IT SUPPORT to Mediaroom servers including troubleshooting login and connectivity issues and server OS installation and configuration.
- Install 1U servers ( FOR EXAMPLE HP DL360G8 ) in a rack by themselves.
- Troubleshoot various HP servers and provide laptop assistance.
- Follow established ticketing system to document, evaluate and investigate escalated incidents and record resolutions
- Use ticket system developed by group to Track and investigate problems and work closely with customer till problem has been resolved.
- Review server, systems and deployment specifications and offer perspectives on best practices
- Troubleshoot security- and permissions-related failures with user and system accounts for example the altering of users permissions — add to groups
- Install, Configure Clustering and Debug SQL, IIS, and OS product integration related issues
- Conduct the installation of Windows Server OS, SQL Server 2008, 2012, and IIS.
- Administer and maintain load-balanced and clustered server environments using Network Load Balancers -Configure Network Load Balancers (NLB) and troubleshoot NLB.
- Assist Development and Test with Domain integration and test environment creation and maintenance – Build out environments for example deploy 20 servers
- Proactively monitor domain health and implement preventative maintenance to prevent downtime and loss of productivity. Using the tools: SCOM, WSUS, HP-SIM and What’s Up Gold – Monitor environments for downed systems and assist with monthly windows update process
- Manage all IPTV Domain Services: DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, TFTP, SNMP, TS Licensing, Certificate Services, server imaging system and manifests -Assist in maintaining all services.
- 3 years + of system administration and infrastructure set up with Windows 2008 and 2012
- 3 years + of experience in desktop and laptop support
- Ability to physically install 1U HP servers
- Experience troubleshooting HP servers
- Ability to use iLO to rebuild servers.
- Experience in the design, Installation, configuration and backup and restoration of Servers
- A Plus: Experience in the configuration and troubleshooting of Network Load Balancers (NLB).